Monday 14 September 2009

Lancome Oscillation Mascara

This is my all-time favourite mascara. I've never had one that has made my eyelashes look so long and separated so well. To me this is the mascara that has taken me closest to looking like i'm wearing false eyelashes.
Now the whole point of this mascara is that it vibrates (apprently up to 7000 micro-oscillations a second, whatever that means) but, as i've never used a high-end mascara before, i can't really tell you how much of the result is down to the vibrations. However I have used it with the vibration turned off and I think the buzzing helps get rid of any clumps and gets into every single lash, making the all well defined and making it look like you've got a tonne of lashes.
I really like the brush itself, it's small which helps me get into the inner corner an lower lashes without trouble. The vibration is controlled by a switch at the top, a slight irritance is that you have to keep your finger on the button to keep it vibrating, personally i'd rather press it on and then press again to turn it off. A plus is that the battery is replacable, so should it run out you can just buy a new one, and it should be fine until you decide to throw it out, but i doubt you will need to. I had one of these that lasted half a year before the buzzing even started to slow down, i threw it away for hygiene reasons, but the formula was still fine!

Anyway here's some before and after shots. I used one coat of mascara with no eyelash curler.

Before, with flash:
DSC09518

Before without flash:
DSC09515

After with flash:
DSC09520

After without flash (sorry it's a bit blurry):
DSC09525

DSC09519

It's a bit expensive, seeing as you can only really use a masara for 6 months (retail price is around £28 but you can get it on ebay or elsewhere on the net for cheaper) but personally i think i can cope with it seeing as it's only a twce a year purchase, as long as i stop trying new mascaras!

I'd love to try the new Maybelline Pulse Perfection to see how it compares, but as it's £15 I can't really afford it when i've got this one and some other sample sizes to use.

If you've used this then i'd love to hear you opinions on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and try to reply to every one i get.